I love to people watch. If I felt like I could have made a decent career with a sociology degree, I would have gone for it. Instead, I people watch for the simple pleasure of free entertainment. And let me tell you, people never disappoint.
Last night I was at a restaurant, and I was observing those around me while I waited for the rest of my party to arrive. At the table behind me, sat a young couple who was inevitably on their first date. How do I know this? Well, the look on his face read that he never wanted to see this girl EVER again. So anyway, I eavesdropped. (Note to all: don't think people aren't listening to your dinner time conversations. The tables are all close together...people listen). She was talking about everything under the sun, and speaking a mile a minute. Nerves? Probably. She talked about her dog, she talked about what her childhood friends called her ("Dumpy" by the way. She didn't explain why). And she talked about embarrassing moments in her past. All things that shouldn't have been discussed on the first date or possibly ever. She laughed a lot too. At least, I think it was laughter. She made this nervous sound every now and then that resembled the noise that comes out of a donkey. Poor Romeo got about 5 words in over the course of the whole dinner. I felt for the guy.
So friends, if you're ever on a first date, don't do ANY of that. Unless of course, you don't want there to be a second date.
Next time I people watch, I will take pictures so I can post.
life
12 years ago

lol poor guy. I love people watching tooo!
ReplyDelete